Substitute Accompanists and Choral Conductors
We regularly seek accompanists and choral conductors who can fill in for rehearsals, concerts and summer camp activities. If you wish to be considered, please submit your credentials to email@example.com.
Raleigh Youth Choir Summer Camp Teacher – 2023
Summer Camp teachers are responsible for implementing fun and exciting recreational and educational summer programs for children ages 4-18. The topics for camp are based on Vocal Arts . With our summer programming, we hope to inspire a love of Arts with particular attention to vocal arts. These are week-long teaching residencies for half and/or full day camps which offer between 15-40 hours per week. Summer camp runs five days a week from June 12th to August 18th. This position requires a high level of energy, enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility, and the ability to work with groups of all ages in both in and outdoor settings. An information session about this opportunity will be held in September of 2022 and camp proposals for the 2023 season are due October 30, 2022.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Working knowledge of the English language.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Experience working with children is required. (may be formal-NC teaching license or informal)
- Experience in vocal Arts
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, cooperative team environment.
- Assist with preparation and break-down of facilities and materials used in camp programs.
- Teach and conduct all lessons and activities, as well as monitoring campers during drop off and pick up.
- Engage in creative, age-appropriate and responsibly managed activities with campers.
- Inform the Program Director if any emergencies arise.
- Interact in a positive and educational way to all RBC guests including campers, parents and siblings of campers.
- Attend Camp Training.
- Complete Youth Protection Training by the start of Camp.
- May be responsible for camper drop-off and pick-up, including verification of parent/guardian photo identification and signatures, ensuring special needs (if any) are identified and information is communicated to appropriate staff, answering parent questions and reviewing camp rules and expectations with campers.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating the daily schedule.
- Quick thinking and problem solving skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly reports to the Program Director (RYC STAFF).
Summer camp teachers will receive $30.00 per hour for instruction time.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require accommodations during any part of the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.